Gothic Oak Lectern c.1880
Beautiful Gothic revival carved oak lectern c.1880. 21½" square top with a raised ledge at the bottom edge to hold a book/papers etc (height to ledge 51"). With exceptionally well carved and pierced Gothic tracery to the front and sides of the top. Raised on an octagonal column, also caved and moulded, and a crossed plinth with separate bracket supports.
Formerly in use at the parish church of St Asaph here in North Wales which was restored in 1872 under the direction of the great Gothic Revival architect Sir George Gilbert Scott. Original in memoriam presentation plaque (which we have relocated to the underside of the plinth) for Thomas Roberts Glandwr died April 27th 1880. Excellent colour and condition, cleaned and waxed in our workshops.
- Dimensions: Width 21½" Height 63" Depth 23"
- Year: c.1880
- Stock Number: 35885