Who we are:
We are Collinge Antiques Limited, owners of the www.collingeantiques.com website.
You can find more information about us on our Contact Page.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it:
When you leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also your IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
- Information submitted through the contact forms on our website is sent to our company by email.
We keep these submissions for customer service purposes they are never used for marketing purposes or shared with third parties.
- Information provided to us in relation to the sale of goods or arrangement of delivery.
Under the margin VAT scheme we are required to keep records of the names of buyers which may be passed to HMRC in relation to calculating or verifying our accounting information. We also collect address and contact number information to allow us to deliver goods and maintain contact during the delivery process.
Our site uses the following cookies:
- Google Analytics cookies – these are set for monitoring and tracking visitors behaviour on the site.
- Security & Limit Login Attempt cookies – these cookies are used by the website security software to provide brute force security in logins by monitoring user cookies.
Embedded content from other websites:
Articles on this site may include embedded content, like YouTube videos or Wikipedia articles, for example. Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if you visited the other website.
Who we share your data with:
Some data is transferred and/or stored with third-party services we use, like delivery companies and payment processors. This is done as a way to provide you with a better overall service and user experience.
Here are the services we use to make our own service better for you:
- PayPal – we use PayPal as one of our payment processors. During checkout, a client will provide login information and credit card info. This information is processed directly within the relevant websites and no information is collected or stored by us.
- Delivery providers – We occasionally use third party delivery companies to provide nationwide or international delivery, we share information with these companies to allow them to provide their service to the customer. The information we share is as follows: Full name, Delivery address, Contact numbers. Third party companies are also legally obligated to protect this information and follow relevant legislation regarding its use and storage.
Who can see your personal information:
If you are not a customer and have not submitted through the contact form or commented on the website, there is no personal information we have or can see about you.
Our sales team has access to customer records to allow us to complete sales and to arrange delivery of items or to update customers regarding sales or deliveries. Our business administrator has access to records in order to complete accounting and other business activities.
How long we retain your data:
When you email us or have left comments or made an enquiry through the website, we retain the contents until (if) you tell us to remove or delete them.
Information we collect in the process of a sale or delivery is stored in compliance with the Margin VAT scheme. We are able to delete selected personal information on request but this does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative or legal purposes.
How we protect your data and what data breach procedures we have in place:
We protect customer data with the following site features:
We use SSL/HTTPS on our site. This encrypts our user communications with the servers so personal identifiable information is never captured by third parties without authorization.
In case of a data breach, System administrators will immediately contact affected customers and will explain the situation and our resolution.
What rights you have over your data:
If you are a client or have left comments or made an enquiry through the website, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us.
You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you by contacting us. – This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes. In short, we cannot erase data that is vital to you being currently our customer (i.e. basic account information like an email address, billing and contact information).